GDPR Updates
Posted: 18 July 2018 03:34:01 AM

So far I have been slowly updating the current software to support the EU's GDPR Requirements.Mainly to let you guys know that I am almost done ad that i will list several new additions to the forum software here =D.

Additions!

1. Added Privacy Policy agreement.
  2. Added Privacy and Terms Booleans to accounts to show you agreed.
  3. Added Reset to reset the Terms and Privacy Booleans.
  4. Added Force Term and Privacy Policy Agreement to use software.
  5. Event system to run events outside of the forums operations. examples: Mass emails, user account deletes, forum clean up, automated unban.
  6. Added Privacy Options for each Profile setting.
  7. Added Ability to Delete account, Topics, Private messages, and posts.
  8. Added Ability to Export all Personal infromation the Forum stores based on GDPR.

Soon We will also get the forum theme fixed up for the main site and get a new generic theme made for the release of the software!

if (breaks_rules(user)) {
    send_warning(user, warn_id);
}

Yours faithfully
Andrew Wheeler A.K.A Genusis

Ask Me For Help.

Posted: 18 July 2018 03:34:01 AM

So far, the changes have been going good just it has been slow. The reason is I've been working on my garage, which I recently finished and now I’m helping a friend reinsulate and side his house before winter comes. Once I am finished with that I can begin finishing the work on the new updates to add in GDPR support. My friend helped me work on my garage so in turn I am helping him insulate and side his house.

Other than that the changes will include an event driven system that can run tasks as a side job offset from the original running web page interface. This will be useful for deleting topics, user accounts etc. As then the users will not need to wait for the website to delete and or do heavy tasks and instead will offload them allowing the user to continue with their browsing journey. Also a bug fix for the time.

if (breaks_rules(user)) {
    send_warning(user, warn_id);
}

Yours faithfully
Andrew Wheeler A.K.A Genusis

Ask Me For Help.

Reply Lasted Edited on: 18 September 2018 11:28:34 AM By Genusis